Recipe of The Week Even Though Ya Know….who the hell eats waffle taco’s although I do see them in commercial ads now so whatever…here ya go…This is the Recipe of The Week this week and probably the only one I had/have ever posted that I would not eat…sorry….but waffle tacos guys/gals? what the hell is that concoction?:
1 box accidentally vegan pancake mix (we used Bisquick brand)
Approximately 1 1/3 cups almond milk (follow the pancake mix instructions, using almond milk instead of cow’s milk)
1/4 cup applesauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 pkg. frozen vegan breakfast sausages
1 pkg. vegan cheese slices or shreds
- Cook the waffles according to the package directions, using the almond milk instead of cow’s milk and the applesauce instead of an egg for the batter. If you don’t have a wafflemaker, make pancake tacos instead!
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, onion powder, thyme, turmeric, paprika, and garlic salt to a sauté pan. Cook on low heat and stir. Once the mixture begins to heat, spread evenly to coat the bottom of pan.
- Crumble the tofu and toss into the mixture, stirring often.
- Once the scramble becomes firm to the touch and begins to brown (about 7 to 10 minutes), squeeze in the lemon juice and add in the nutritional yeast. Stir until coated. Allow to cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook the vegan breakfast sausages according to the package instructions.
- Top the waffles with the tofu scramble, breakfast sausages, and vegan cheese slices. Fold in half, and voilà!
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|Chi Chi Cosmetics|
|Meow Meow Tweet|
|PNK DIGGER COSMETICS|
|Sonoma Soap Company|
|Yadkin Valley Soaps|
- denotes companies using our cruelty-free logo